Tuesday 15 January 2013

Dance like no one is watching...

While searching for an entirely different song to do with snow, I came across an oldie (well, 2001) from Nick Cave and I couldn't resist sharing it with you.  We have the tiniest sprinkling of snow here and S and I are wanting more - at least enough to mean that going into school is impossible, and enough to make a family of snowmen in the garden.  Nick Cave and the Bad Seed sing about being "under fifteen feet of pure white snow" and I'm thinking this reference may well be metaphorical and really just one foot would be lovely.  

This song has some ludicrous lyrics; I particularly love: 'But they haven't put their mittens on' !!  But it's the dancing that does it for me.  Click on the link below and look out for Jason Donovan, Jarvis Cocker and Noah Taylor; you cannot help but smile at their groovy moves.  Jason Donovan in particular throws caution to the wind in complete abandonment as though no one was watching or filming!  All very weird but wonderful all the same.  





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for that, it made me smile before I head off to bed. Hope you get a good heap of snow in the night and a day off! Julie x

    ReplyDelete